Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So... I'm loving today because it's one of those days where I can just wake up and roam around the house with nothing in particular to do.  Go online, grab a bowl of cereal, read the news, stretch, yawn, whatever I feel like doing.  Right now it's just me and the dogs, whom are snoring and whimpering and caught up in their dreams. 
It's nice to be able to open all the doors and windows and let the sun shine in and hear the smaller noises from outside flow into the house. I think that's going to be one of the qualities I miss most when I go to college.  Yes, it's one of those cliche changes that so many people experience, but now it's happening to me.  I get to go through the motions with a bird's eye view and I get to absorb everything that crosses my path. It feels awkward because I always thought that I'd feel a lot older when I left for college and had to let go of my parents' hands. I feel like I don't know enough about everything and that I should have studied more in high school.  But then again, is a precalc textbook really going to tell me how to adapt to city life? Not really. 
Other than that, current thoughts of the day consist on a scrapbook that is waiting to be filled, a book series that needs to be read, and this upcoming weekend when I will get to see my cousin and her husband after trip that was way too long for my liking (all the more kudos to facebook). I am mentally jumping out of my seat. Of course, the rest of my family will be there and it'll just be a big celebration like it always is. Only this time, two more puzzle pieces will be in place. 

No comments: